Balanced coverage of quantitative data collection and analysis techniques
• Chapter 4, Data Collection Techniques, covers collection techniques for the most frequently used qualitative and quantitative data, including observations, interviews, teacher-made tests, and standardized test data.
• Chapter 6, Data Analysis and Interpretation, guides students through data analysis and provides techniques, coding guidelines, and examples for analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data.
• Additional coverage of mixed methods research has been added throughout the book.
A focus on producing critical consumers of action research
• A new chapter, Evaluating Action Research (Chapter 9), helps students become critical consumers of research.
• Included in Chapter 9 is an article from an action research journal that is analyzed using the new criteria for evaluating action research.
• Appendix A, Action Research in Action, contains an extended example and evaluation of an action research case study.
An expanded coverage of ethics
• Chapter 2, Ethics, provides an expanded discussion of ethical guidelines and provides guidance for seeking and obtaining Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval.
Integration to the MyEducationLab for Action Research website
• The fourth edition of Action Research includes margin note integration with MyEducationLab for Action Research, a dynamic online learning environment that provides students with the opportunity to build a better understanding of action research through engagement with real products from the research process.