* Focuses on complete texts in a range of genres--recount, instruction, argument, explanation and classification.
* Includes blended texts that combine genres.
* Examines overall text structure, paragraph structure and language features associated with different genres.
* Explores a wide range of textual relationships involving comparison and contrast, temporal sequence, temporal overlap, purpose, means, reason, amplification, condition, exception, exemplification and concession.
* Provides a large number of model texts and practical writing exercises.