Breathe, Solitaire, breathe!' Bond shouted, as they started to speed through the water once more. It must be after six o'clock now. What has happened to the mine?
They were only about thirty yards from the reef now. Now twenty...ten...
Suddenly, the breath was knocked from his body. Solitaire and Bond went right up out of the sea before falling back again. The sky lit up with the huge explosion.
In Live and Let Die, Bond finds himself in Jamaica investigating the underworld criminal 'Mr. Big". As usual, Bond gets caught up in many dangerous situations. He also falls in love with Mr. Big's girlfriend, the mysterious and beautiful Solitaire.
* Extra grammar and vocabulary exercises
* Notes about the story
* Notes about the life of Ian Fleming
* Points for Understanding comprehension questions
* Glossary of difficult vocabulary
* Free resources including worksheets, tests and author data sheets at www.macmillanenglish.com/readers
* Audio CD available for this title