The history of football is as interesting and exciting as the game itself. In the Macmillan Reader, Patrick Adams describes football's beginnings in the Central and South America to its arrival on the streets of 19th-century England. The story ends with international stadiums, big business and multi-million-pound players.
* Extra grammar and vocabulary exercises
* Notes about the story
* Points for Understanding comprehension questions
* Glossary of difficult vocabulary
* Free resources including worksheets, tests and author data sheets at www.macmillanenglish.com/readers
* Audio CD/down able available for this title