Language Assessment, Second Edition, provides a clear, comprehensive survey of the essential principles of assessing second language learning, as well as the critical tools needed to evaluate student performance fairly and effectively.
The second edition of this text has been revised to include current research, updated standardized tests, an expanded section on standards-based assessment, and a concise glossary of assessment terms.
* Fundamental principles for evaluating and designing assessment procedures
* Practical examples to illustrate principles and guidelines
* Systematic treatment of assessment for all four language skills -- listening, speaking, reading, and writing
* Thorough explorations of standards-based testing, standardized testing, and alternative assessment
* End-of-chapter exercises and further readings
* Chapter objectives that preview content and goals
* A new chapter on form-focused assessment
* An appendix of commercially available tests
* A concise glossary of assessment terms