It’s tricky enough to spearhead a big project when you’re the boss. But when you’re the leader of a team of people who don’t report to you, the obstacles are even greater.
Results Without Authority is the definitive book for project managers looking to establish credibility and control. A groundbreaker in the field, it supplies a start-to-finish system for getting successful project results from cross-functional, outsourced, and other types of teams. The completely updated second edition includes new information on:
• Agile methods and evolving project management tools
• Strategies for working with virtual teams
• Analytical versus “blink” decision processes
• The use (and misuse) of social media in project environments
• The myth of multitasking.
For project leaders lacking clear-cut authority, getting everyone on board—and keeping them there—can be a challenge. Results Without Authority is the must-have guide for getting the best results from your team.