Unlock the secret to groundbreaking innovation with this game-changing guide
Innovation means putting ideas to work. It is a discipline that can be learned, practiced, and leveraged to propel meaningful transformation and sustainable success, and it is proving to be the margin of difference in the largest concentrated sector of our economy: healthcare. This is where the stakes may be highest because the transcendent ideas that come from the patient bedside or laboratory bench don’t just translate to a bottom line, they improve and extend human life.
Since its inception in 1921, Cleveland Clinic has been at the forefront of life-saving innovations in healthcare, pioneering a new model of care, advancing surgical techniques, and developing cutting-edge medical technologies. It has revolutionized the industry with a proven and tested working model for mission-driven, results-oriented success―one that is applicable to industries beyond healthcare.
In Innovation the Cleveland Clinic Way, Thomas J. Graham, MD, describes the Clinic’s unique approach. Learn:
• How to align the innovation strategy with your organization’s mission
• How to identify your organization’s innovation assets and put them to work
• How to foster collaboration within and across teams to spark creative ideation
• The process of taking “napkin ideas” through successful commercialization
• The most common innovation pitfalls and how to avoid and address them
• Cleveland Clinic’s 10 commandments of innovation and the six degrees of innovation
Packed with enterprising solutions and inspiring examples, this practical guide will equip any individual or institution seeking to affect purposeful transformation. Use these best practices to put ideas to work and turn yours into a high-innovation organization.
Thomas J. Graham, MD, is the Chief Innovation Officer of Cleveland Clinic and Vice Chairman of Orthopedic Surgery. A prolific inventor with nearly 50 worldwide patents and a serial entrepreneur, he is a renowned orthopaedic surgeon whose practice is the premier destination for the care of the professional athlete’s hand and wrist. He is regularly recognized as one of “America’s Best Doctors.”