This is the freshly-researched, 2017 edition of a travel classic, is a comprehensive guidebook to all the Hawaiian islands. Of its three authors, all specialists in Hawaiian travel and widely published, two live in Hawaii, while the third makes constant trips there from her base in California.
The book is fully updated yearly; set in large, easy-to-read fonts; and contains:
- Dozens of spectacular photos
- Full-color maps throughout including a helpful, pull-out map
- Sample itineraries so you can make the most of your time in country
- Savvy tips on how to avoid the crowds and save money, whether you’re a luxury lover or a backpacker
- Opinionated advice on beaches, other nature areas, outfitters, museums and other attractions, with star ratings to help you quickly decide what to see and what to skip. The book also contains dozens of no-holds-barred reviews of hotels, restaurants, nightlife venues and shops, from authors who have visited them all, and so have the ability to compare.