A classic developmental skills text for intermediate to advanced students of English, Understanding and Using English Grammar is a comprehensive reference grammar as well as a stimulating and teachable classroom text.
While keeping the same basic approach and material as in earlier editions, the Fourth Edition more fully develops communicative and interactive language-learning activities. Some of the new features are:
● Innovative warm-up exercises that precede the grammar charts and introduce points to be taught
● Structure-based listening exercises ranging from casual speech to academic content
● Academic readings that highlight the targeted grammar structures
● Greatly expanded speaking practice with extensive pair, group and class work
● Corpus-informed syllabus that reflects the discourse patterns of spoken and written English
● Audio CDs and listening script in the back of the Student Book
The program components include the Student Book (Full Edition and Volume A and Volume B), Workbook (Full Edition and Volume A and Volume B), Chartbook, Teacher's Guide, and Test Bank. Click on "Course-Specific Resources" on the left for more details.