Lonely Planet France is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Grab a cafe creme at a Parisian sidewalk cafe, take in glacial panoramas above Chamonix or explore the Champagne-soaked city of Reims; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of France and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's France Travel Guide:
● Full-colour maps and images throughout
● Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
● Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
● Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
● Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
● Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, wine
● Free, convenient pull-out Paris map (included in print version), plus over 130 colour maps
● Covers Paris, Lille, Flanders, the Somme, Normandy, Brittany, Champagne, Alsace, Lorraine, the Loire Valley, Burgundy, Lyon, the French Alps, Basque Country, the Pyrenees, Languedoc-Roussillon, Provence, Corsica and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet France, our most comprehensive guide to France, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for a guide focused on Paris? Check out Lonely Planet's Paris guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer; or Pocket Paris, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.