A fully revised and updated thirteenth edition of this major world atlas in the authoritative and prestigious Times Atlas range. This beautifully designed atlas has all the information you need, whether planning a trip, keeping in touch with world news, solving quizzes and crosswords or just exploring the world from your armchair.
Comprehensive reference mapping with 155,000 place names providing an amazingly detailed view of the world, and the illustrated thematic content covers the most important geographical issues of the day, making this atlas a valuable addition to any reference collection.
• Over 3,500 name changes throughout the world
• Addition of St Helena airport and connecting road
• Country name change from Czech Republic to Czechia (Czech Republic)
• New thematic topics spreads – Climate; Economy; and Power of Maps
• New Arctic Ocean map spread
• New 'Beneath the ice' Polar maps
• New administrative regions in France
• New administrative regions in Northern Ireland
• Addition of Gaelic alternative names for counties in Ireland
• New state of Telengana in India
• Addition of Moroccan Berm (security wall) in Western Sahara
Historical maps of the world show the political make-up of the world over the last 150 years and the atlas also includes plans of 41 of the world’s major cities. A satellite imagery section contains an overview image of each continent, and is complemented with a detailed image.
Produced in a quality finish the world atlas comes in a protective slipcase.