Explore Scotland’s ancient monuments with this pictorial map featuring over 700 castles and fortified houses. Includes an easy-to-use index listing visitor information and an attractive selection of photographs.
The map includes:
• Over 700 castles and fortications.
• Index comprises map references, the age and type of each castle, public access details, Historic Scotland and National Trust for Scotland ownership, notable grounds and gardens, telephone numbers and websites.
• Highlights Scotland’s finest castles, castellated mansions and also the best castles for children.
• Attractive photographs of a selection of castles, together with a brief account of their history.
• A brief history of Scottish castles and information on architectural types and periods of construction.
• Internet links and suggested reading for further information.
Scotland is a country as rich in castles and fortified houses as any other in Europe - this map is a guide to them.
Other titles in the series include:
Tartans Map of Scotland
Scotland of Old Map Clans Map
Whisky Map of Scotland