而《The Art of Buying Art》正是此領域公認最佳自學書籍。
《The Art of Buying Art》主題包含：
The art world can appear impenetrable to the beginner. This classic book, in print since 1990, is an invaluable primer that will help anyone to penetrate the thickets of inscrutable 'insider info' and esoteric jargon.
Updated for today's art market, including online buying, The Art of Buying Art is without a doubt the most accessible book on how to research, evaluate, price and buy artworks - for anyone who wants to buy art. No previous knowledgeof art or the art business is necessary. Topics include:
· how to research and evaluate art prices like the professionals
· how to build a quality collection
· how to spot fakes and forgeries
· how to buy art at auctions and directly from artists
· how to negotiate prices
· how to tell the difference between an original and a reproduction
Bamberger provides the information needed to transform anyone into an informed art consumer, to protect collectors from bad buys and to help them locate the best art at the correct prices.