The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this captivating country.
Marvel at the Modernist architecture in Brasilia, explore Salvador's historic centre and colonial architecture, journey along the Amazon river and spend a night in the rainforest, or relax on one of Rio de Janeiro's famous white-sand beaches: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Brazil with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Brazil:
- Over 45 colour maps, plus transit maps of Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Brazil, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans detail famous sights such as Rio de Janeiro's iconic Sugar Loaf Mountain, São Paulo's impressive Pinacoteca do Estado art gallery, the mighty Iguazu Falls and more
- Colour photographs of Brazil's natural wonders and spectacular landscapes - including Rio de Janeiro's towering mountains and sandy beaches, the lush Amazon rainforest, the arid Sertão and the Pantanal wetlands - plus its colonial cities, iconic buildings, historic sights and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Southeast Brazil; Northeast Brazil; Northern Brazil; Central West Brazil; Southern Brazil
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's unique history and culture, impressive architecture, diverse religions, colourful festivals and more
- Experience the culture with features on the landscapes of Brazil, its flora and fauna, peoples, writers and artists, music, soccer and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus how to get around, useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Brazil is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Brazil.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Taking a shorter break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Rio de Janeiro guide.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.