The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring USA's capital city.
Learn about the nation's history at the Lincoln Memorial, enjoy the view from the Washington Monument or explore the portraits at the Smithsonian Museum: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Washington, DC with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Washington, DC, 2019
- Over 20 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a map of the subway system, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Washington, DC, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the inside of the White House, Washington Monument, the National Museum of American History, the National Air and Space Museum, and more
- Colour photographs of the city's impressive monuments and memorials, museums and galleries, picturesque neighbourhoods, beautiful gardens and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Capitol Hill, the Mall, Penn Quarter, the White House and Foggy Bottom, Georgetown, and sights beyond the city
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the city's fascinating history, political system, museums and galleries, monuments and memorials, festivals, and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus how to get around, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Washington, DC, 2019 is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Washington, DC.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a shorter break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Washington, DC guide.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.