Insight Guides: all you need to inspire every step of your journey.
An in-depth book, now with free app and eBook.
South Africa is a land of exceptional natural beauty and cultural variety, a unique blend of of European, Asian and indigenous influences. This new edition covers everything from the modern cities of Johannesburg and Cape Town to the fascinating wildlife and scenery of its national parks and games reserves
● Over 392 pages of insider knowledge from local experts
● In-depth on history and culture, from the rise and fall of apartheid to the nation's art, literature, music, food and sport
● Enjoy special features on Cape wine, South African flora, whale-watching and vintage train journeys
● Includes innovative extras that are unique in the market - all Insight Guides to countries and regions come with a free eBook and app that's regularly updated with new hotel, bar, restaurant, shop and local event listings
● Invaluable maps, travel tips and practical information ensure effortless planning
● Inspirational colour photography throughout
● Inventive design makes for an engaging reading experience
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides has over 40 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps as well as picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture together create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.