Discover Myanmar with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to see Yangon's colonial architecture and absorbing markets, explore Bagan's astonishing profusion of ancient temples or trek to the Golden Rock at Kyaiktiyo, The Rough Guide to Myanmar will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Inside The Rough Guide to Myanmar (Burma)
- Independent, trusted reviews written in Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps throughout - find your way amid Mandalay's bustling streets or between Mrauk U's fortress-like temples without needing to get online.
- Stunning, inspirational images
- Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
- Detailed regional coverage - whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Areas covered include: Bagan, Yangon, Mandalay, Hpa-an, Kalaw, Mrauk U, Maylamyine, Naypyitaw, Myeik Archipelago, Dawei.Attractions include: Kyaiktiyo (Golden Rock), Taung Kalat (Mount Popa), Shwe OO Min Cave, Gokteik Viaduct, Ngapali Beach, Inle Lake, Shwedagon Pagoda, Ngwe Saung, Shwezigon Pagoda, Shwesandaw Pagoda.
- Basics - essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink,health, the media, festivals and events, outdoor activities and sports, responsible travel, culture and etiquette, shopping, travelling with children, travel essentials and more.
- Background information - a Contexts chapter devoted to history, books, Myanmar's ethnic groups, Burmese Buddhism and traditional beliefs, Burmese architecture plus a handy language section and glossary. Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with the Rough Guide to Myanmar
About Rough Guides: Escape the everyday with Rough Guides. We are a leading travel publisher known for our "tell it like it is" attitude, up-to-date content and great writing. Since 1982, we've published books covering more than 120 destinations around the globe, with an ever-growing series of ebooks, a range of beautiful, inspirational reference titles, and an award-winning website. We pride ourselves on our accurate, honest and informed travel guides.